Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com!

This site was created as a place to share stories, tips, and troubleshooting help with ShoreTel systems. ShoreTel is obviously the MOST exciting VoiP platform on the market right now, and we realized there was no centralized place to discuss this platform, but now there is. Please feel free to join and share your experiences.

Please Note: This site IS NOT owned, funded, or managed by ShoreTel, Inc. although you may find ShoreTel employees sharing there experiences and expertise. If you would like more information on ShoreTel systems, contact BTX at info@btxchange.com

Thank You
BTX
See more
See less
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoretel Communicator- Connect to Unassigned Phone

I am using Communicator 14.2 I am just an End User with 2 SHORETEL IP 420 phones and a WINDOWS 10 workstation. I share a work area with fellow staff member across the room. I want to connect to the phone at desk via COMMUNICATOR to configure CALL HANDLING to ring simultaneously at both phone. Is there a way to connect to and configure the IP 420 thru the COMMUNICATOR?

Why not just put them in a huntgroup? If the other phone is unassigned, then no... can't associate a communicator with it as an unassigned phone has no ext...by this it could not be in a hunt group either....Unassigned phones can not be called.... but they can call out depending on the user group setting for it. Build a user (yourself for example if they are both your phones) for it and then you can have a hunt group to ring both phones or you could put a pickup button on your Communicator ...since 420's have a lack of buttons.... these should really never be put on a users desk...good for lobby phones etc....but for users.. not so much....

Comment

That is where the problem lies. I have no access to the Server so, a hunt group is out. These phones are set used for Internal calls exclusively, no DID. Our Server uses AD for Assignment so, this makes it difficult. You say I could create a PICK UP button? Can I do that directly from the IP 420 Menu on the phone? If so, that would be a solution for us.

Comment

talk to your Shoretel Admin....

Comment

Originally posted by duggan59 View Post
          That is where the problem lies. I have no access to the Server so, a hunt group is out. These phones are set used for Internal calls exclusively, no DID. Our Server uses AD for Assignment so, this makes it difficult. You say I could create a PICK UP button? Can I do that directly from the IP 420 Menu on the phone? If so, that would be a solution for us.
          AD would really not be a factor....but you not being able to access Director is...See,, it you had a 480 you would have a pickup soft key....and could just push it and key in the ext......You can program a pickup key for that ext on your Communicator, but you need to do this via Director.

. As bhaikalis said....you need to talk to the person that programs your system...really nothing you can do from a end user perspective to be able to have simultaneous ring...
          Why so hesitant to have them do it for you.?...Bake them some cookies and ask real nice and you will get what you need.....

Comment

Thank You for the info. I will message the Admin Team and see if I can convince them to make Hunt group for me.

Comment

Working...
            X