Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com!

This site was created as a place to share stories, tips, and troubleshooting help with ShoreTel/Mitel systems. ShoreTel/Mitel is obviously the MOST exciting VoiP platform on the market right now, and we realized there was no centralized place to discuss this platform, but now there is. Please feel free to join and share your experiences.

Please Note: This site IS NOT owned, funded, or managed by ShoreTel/Mitel, Inc. although you may find ShoreTel/Mitel employees sharing there experiences and expertise. If you would like more information on ShoreTel/Mitel systems, contact BTX at [email protected]

As always please support the advertisers that help support our site.

Thank You,
BTX
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stand alone setup info?

I recently moved to a satellite office and am no longer connected to the office server. I set up my own network with a linksys router. Is there a way that I can set up my shoretel560 phone to use just as a phone? do i need an ac adapter or can i just hook it into my computer/router? is there also a software install or app for that? thanks in advance.

No, ShoreTel phones always require a ShoreGear switch to operate. You could set up a VPN to your office and run it over the VPN.
    Last edited by Palitto Consulting; 09-28-2010, 05:11 AM.

Comment

but section 2b of the guide says that it is not necessary...

http://www.ursinus.edu/utils/pdf/phone/ip_560_qig[1].pdf

can't i bypass the server and just use it as a phone?

any suggestions with a linksys router and one of the free ports??

thx

Comment

The section you mention has nothing to do with this: It only explains how to set up a phone without a POE switch. I'm not talking about power, I'm talking about control. The phones are dumb devices: They have no logic on-board for telephony, only for opening and closing RTP audio streams and receiving commands from the switch. Even their displays are controlled by the ShoreTel switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Palitto Consulting View Post
          The section you mention has nothing to do with this: It only explains how to set up a phone without a POE switch. I'm not talking about power, I'm talking about control. The phones are dumb devices: They have no logic on-board for telephony, only for opening and closing RTP audio streams and receiving commands from the switch. Even their displays are controlled by the ShoreTel switch.
          sooooo... you're saying this phone is worthless unless i hookup to the shoretel server? I don't want control... i just want to dial on the phone and talk on it. can i do that using my home network/linksys router? or NO?

Comment

That is correct. It cannot function without a ShoreGear switch.

Comment

Working...
            X