Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com!

This site was created as a place to share stories, tips, and troubleshooting help with ShoreTel/Mitel systems. ShoreTel/Mitel is obviously the MOST exciting VoiP platform on the market right now, and we realized there was no centralized place to discuss this platform, but now there is. Please feel free to join and share your experiences.

Please Note: This site IS NOT owned, funded, or managed by ShoreTel/Mitel, Inc. although you may find ShoreTel/Mitel employees sharing there experiences and expertise. If you would like more information on ShoreTel/Mitel systems, contact BTX at [email protected]

As always please support the advertisers that help support our site.

Thank You,
BTX
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShoreTel Suggestion - Remote voice mail access

On Avaya systems you can put into the system a caller id for a staff member which allows them to call there extension externally, and when the system drops the call to voice mail you can press 8 (If I remember correctly.) and the system reads the caller id info and if it matches the caller is dropped into a mode which allows them direct remote access to their voice mail.

The ShoreTel system can do this in a round about way by having a silent menu off an AA, but it would be nice to see something a little more streamlined added in.

I see a problem with this: There are providers and services which let you spoof your caller ID. It would not be too far-fetched to guess that someone programmed their cell phone as the authorized caller ID, so anyone who knows a person's cell number could also listen to his or her voice mail.

Comment

Fair point, so there needs to be an option to activate this feature as it would be disabled as default.

Originally posted by Palitto Consulting View Post
      I see a problem with this: There are providers and services which let you spoof your caller ID. It would not be too far-fetched to guess that someone programmed their cell phone as the authorized caller ID, so anyone who knows a person's cell number could also listen to his or her voice mail.

Comment

Not sure this is a good idea. It's pretty much leaving yourself open for a security risk. Why would you not want users to have to enter a password to authenticate themselves and just pass straight in?

It's pretty much the same as when users check the "always remember my password" option. Instead of needing a password for access, now all you need is the device.

Comment

Password can be added to the Avaya systems if you want, so when you call it says please enter your PIN/PASSCODE.

This is no different than adding in a secret menu on an AA.

Originally posted by PhoneGuy1108 View Post
          Not sure this is a good idea. It's pretty much leaving yourself open for a security risk. Why would you not want users to have to enter a password to authenticate themselves and just pass straight in?

It's pretty much the same as when users check the "always remember my password" option. Instead of needing a password for access, now all you need is the device.

Comment

I'm not sure about your system, but on ours we can call our desk from an external number, when VM picks up press *# then we can access our VM.

Comment

Working...
            X