Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com!

This site was created as a place to share stories, tips, and troubleshooting help with ShoreTel/Mitel systems. ShoreTel/Mitel is obviously the MOST exciting VoiP platform on the market right now, and we realized there was no centralized place to discuss this platform, but now there is. Please feel free to join and share your experiences.

Please Note: This site IS NOT owned, funded, or managed by ShoreTel/Mitel, Inc. although you may find ShoreTel/Mitel employees sharing there experiences and expertise. If you would like more information on ShoreTel/Mitel systems, contact BTX at [email protected]

As always please support the advertisers that help support our site.

Thank You,
BTX
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent Call Manager issues...

We are experiencing very intermittent Call Manager issues. When a user logs on to the network, they may be missing all of the buttons on the Call Manager toolbar such as the Log In/Log Out button or the Call Handing Mode button. The only way we have been able to get these buttons back is to actually exit the ShoreTel Call Manager application by closing it in the system tray, then opening Call Manager back up. This behavior occurs rarely, but has been spread throughout the organization.

Is there a diagnostic log file associated with Call Manager that I can check to see what might be happening? I had someone tell me that they thought it might be network issues.

We are currenlty running ShoreTel 9.0.

Thanks for any help!
    antsman

Need a little more detail on the network architecture and problem.

Single site? Multi-site? If multi, MPLS or VPN tunnels? Does it just happen at HQ, just at remotes?

Comment

The network is a multi-site network with two sites. The network architecture is gigabit at the main facility, which houses the Headquarters Shoreware server. As far as I know, the main facility seems to be where this issue shows up. We are using an Ethernet WAN, but we also have QoS enabled and working.

Comment

Are you using MS ISA server as a proxy for Internet Explorer?

Comment

No, we are not using any proxy servers. We have an internally routed network, so our phones are on VLAN 10, and the PCs are on VLAN 8.

Comment

Without digging into your system and getting into the details, this isn't a first glance resolution.

Have you contacted your Shoretel partner for help?

Comment

I did contact our ShoreTel partner for support. They told me that they thought it could be a network issue, but weren't sure. They told me that they would check with ShoreTel to see if there was any issues with our build that is related to this problem. However, they never got back with me on this issue.

My colleague was doing some investigation and he came across ShoreTel's Build Notes for one of the 9.1 builds and found that it seems that this is an issue that was fixed. The defect number was 1-33920181. So, we're going to upgrade to the latest build of 9.2 to see if this issue goes away.

Thanks for all your help and direction!!
              antsman

Comment

Working...
              X